Following Government guidelines and in an effort to safeguard our members please note that Pennine Borders Flower Club meetings are cancelled until further notice.
Please check with the Chairman or a member of the committee if you require any clarification.
Also Harrogate Spring Flower Show has been cancelled. All monies paid will be getting a full refund shortly
Share your knowledge with the rest of our members.
Step by step instructions further down this page
The workshop has been cancelled. However there is nothing stopping you doing a similar of these designs from garden plant materials, send a photo and it will be placed on the website for us all to enjoy. For both designs artifical flowers may be used should you have problems getting flowers.
Base or charger plate. 2 copper wreath rings 25- 30 cms simply covered in ribbon, wool etc., small green oasis dish 1/3 block floral foam, pussy willow or spring shrubs like forsythia, arum italicum leaves or large ivy, and small foliage’s conifer, hebe, pittosporum, spring flowers e.g. tulips. seasonal items like chickens eggs etc.
Table cover, toolbox and bags of creativity.
Step by step instructions for the contemporary basket
1. Pre-soak a 1/3 block of oasis and place in green oasis dish, champher edges, secure with pot tape.
2. wrap wool around the two rings and then when fully covered wrap wool at the top of the rings to fasten together securely with the rest of the rings loose
3.Place dish and oasis inbetween the rings and secure with stub wire straight through the front ring, through the oasis and out through the back ring.
4.Decorate with garden plant materials or artifical flowers easter chicks etc. to taste.
5. Sit back take a photo and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will place on the website for you, for the rest of our members to enjoy.
6. Enjoy and have that well deserved cuppa.
N. B. this design can be seen on page 20 of the spring flower arranger 2020
items to bring, basket, if the basket, is unlined please bring a dish to place inside. Floral foam, 1 bunch tulips, 1 bunch daffodils. Another variety of flower e.g. hellebores, carnations, Iris, skimmia. a selection of straight or linear branches such as cornus, pussy willow, filler foliage like ivy leaves, small bergenia, arum, or moss. seasonal items like chickens eggs etc.
Tool box, table protector.
Step by step instructions
1. pre-soak oasis to rise over the top of your basket to allow plant materials to trail over the side of the basket, champher the edges of the oasis. insert stub wire throught side of basket and into oasis for extra security, pot tape will come loose.
2. Place oasis in the basket in a dish if the basket isn't lined or straight into the basket if it is lined with plastic.
3. Using foliage first creat your line through the handle and down both sides keep it quite low underneath the handle.
repeat with flowers of your choice either from the garden or artifical adding easter accessories should you wish, like chickens, eggs, ribbon round the handle etc.
4. stand back take a photo and send it dawn at email@example.com to share on the website with all our valued members.
5. enjoy that well deserved cuppa.